Friday, June 8, 2012

So Much on My Mind

Right now, my mind is full of emotion... NERVOUSNESS...I'm nervous and excited because Preston is taking a formal IQ test to see if he will be accepted into the Spotlight program for school. He asked us last night what we would do if he failed. We reassured him that there is no pass or fail for this and that we will be proud of him no matter what the outcome. I know he will do well and just pray that God will take away his nervousness. Goodness knows I have enough nervousness for the both of us right now! THANKFULNESS...Emily started showing signs of being sick Wednesday night and once I looked in her throat, I knew she had strep. I took her to the dr yesterday and sure enough, it was strep. We went to the store and got her prescription and a few other goodies (since she hadn't eaten very much in the last couple of days). She spent the day at work with me and watched movie after movie. I think she finally started feeling better about 2:00 and from that point on, she was like a different kid. Thankfully, she bounced back very quickly and we enjoyed spending the day together. I am also thankful for a job that allows me to bring my kids to work with me if need be. HURT...I recently started following the blog and status of a little girl from Covington, TN named Lucy. She's a beautiful little girl who has had to endure something no child or adult should have to endure. Cancer... She was diagnosed last February with Medulloblastoma and her Mom's blog on Tuesday said that Lucy's cancer is back and there is nothing they can do. She has very little time left this side of Heaven. As a Mom, I imagine Lucy's Mom (Kate) is feeling so much pain, hurt, question, denial, anger, and the list could go on. She said that some other Mothers who have walked down this path told her that she will have strength that is truly beyond anything humanly imaginable. That is what I am praying for her. I'm praying that God will pick Kate and her husband up and completely carry them during this time. I'm sure it is really hard for her to keep her faith knowing that God is taking her daughter so I'm praying that God will send her constant reminders that He has wonderful plans for Lucy's legacy. While praying all that, I'm also praying that God will perform a miracle and that Lucy will be 100% healed and healthy here on earth. Cancer is such an ugly disease and I believe it's one of Satan's greatest tools to try to bring people down. Please join me in praying for Lucy and her family. I follow their blog and it's posted to the right in case you want to read more about this sweet girl. EXCITEMENT...We leave for vacation in TWO weeks!! TWO WEEKS!!! We are going to Atlanta for a long weekend. We are going to visit with our friends DR and Brandi and we will see Joey, Liz, and Cates while we are there as well. After that, we are going to swim at the hotel, go to the Coca Cola museum (for FREE thanks to Lotti and her coke rewards caps), go to American Girl and Lego Land, eat LOTS, and just enjoy some family time. Another part of my excitement is that we are in the process of searching for our next house. We've been searching for several months, but we are just waiting on God to say "go". We don't have to be out of our current house until January 31st so we still have some time, but we are ready to be in our own house where we can start planting some roots. I guess that's about it right now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment