Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

I can honestly say that this Memorial Day ranks up there with one of the best weekends ever. Seriously, from the start on Friday afternoon to the end on Monday night, it was perfect. Jeff and the kids spent the day in the sun on Friday so by the time I got home from work, they were exhausted. I was feeling a little sad for some unknown reasons so my Mom sent us to Outback for dinner. Since everyone (except me) was tired, we decided we would go to an early dinner and then go to home for an early night. On the way home, I saw that a friend had 4 free tickets to Saturday night's Redbird game. We were planning on going with some friends Sunday night, but who can pass up FREE tickets?! We were standing outside waiting for our friend to bring the tickets and our neighbors came over. Their little girl played in the sprinkler with P and E and then we all decided to go to their house so the kids could paint. They painted and then jumped in the pool. While the kids played in the pool, the adults got to catch up and enjoy the nice weather. Saturday morning, we got to sleep in a little bit and then headed to Jeff's parents to swim. Linda fixed us lunch and we spent several hours in the pool. That night, we went to the Redbirds game. It was HOT, but thankfully we had GREAT seats and they were even in the shade. I've been to several Redbirds games, but this one was different. Preston watched the entire game. He watched how they stood when batting, how fast the pitcher threw, how the outfielders ran, etc. We ate a lot and I mean a lot! I got up to go to the bathroom and when I came back, Preston had a little surprise. He had gotten a foul ball while I was gone. I didn't think there would be a chance for us to get one because we were behind the net, but we actually had 2 hit up our way. That was all it took for P to have a smile on his face for the rest of the night. The Redbirds fell short, but the fireworks made up for the loss. I tried to get a good picture of Emily's face, but it's pretty dark. I'll post it anyway because it was priceless. Sunday, we went to church and then went back to the Shands' for lunch and more swimming. That night, we all played the Wii for a while. Preston is always asking us to play, but it just seems like there isn't enough time. We let the kids sleep in our room Sunday night because they think it's about the coolest thing ever. Jeff and I did everything we could to make the room dark so we could all (including Ginger) sleep in the next morning. It worked... we all slept until 8:30! We got up and started getting the ribs and homemade peach ice cream ready to take over to the Shands'. Finally everything was ready around 12:30 and we headed back for more eating and swimming. We ended the night with me turning in one of my Mother's Day coupons and letting the kids painting my toenails. I feel exceptionally blessed that God chose Jeff, Preston, and Emily to be my family. I could spend every waking hour with them and still don't think it would be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment