Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sparkling Emily

Our sweet little baby isn't really a baby anymore. Last night she graduated from preschool and tomorrow is her last day. She starts Kindergarten in THREE months and I haven't been able to shake off this overwhelming feeling of sadness. Every Monday, I start work early at home so that I can take Emily to school for the day. This time with my sweet lady has become such a blessing to me. Even though I am working, we still manage to snuggle in the bed for a little bit. Yesterday was my last Monday morning at home with her. Ever. :( I know we will have more Monday mornings every once in a while, but I don't imagine they will be the same. I am so blessed to have a job that allowed me to move my schedule around a little bit so I could take her. When I think of Emily, there are several things that come to my mind... She is the most loving little girl, a snuggle bunny, very curious, mischievous, and lately, a prayer warrior. Seriously, if you have a hurt or prayer request, give it to her and she's going to pray about it every night until she eventually asks if you are feeling better (usually a few weeks later). Emily likes all things that glitter and shine. She loves lip gloss, jewelry, playing with her babies, and can't wait to go to the American Girl store so she can buy her baby Belle some new clothes. She is also very smart. She memorized several scriptures, songs, a poem, and the Lord's Prayer for graduation last night. My sweet Emily, you are growing up to be a beautiful little lady. When I asked God to give us another child, I never imagined we would be blessed with such an amazing little angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment