Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

This Thanksgiving was a little low key, but perfect. My Mom came in town Wednesday night and we enjoyed some shopping and then got up Thursday morning for parade watching and cooking. We loaded up all our goodies and went to the Shands house. We ate until our hearts were content and our tummy's couldn't handle anymore. Then we went fishing. We saw a HUGE catfish that kept coming to the surface to eat the hotdog buns we were throwing in the water, but we couldn't catch him. He was too wise for us. After fishing, Jeff dropped my Mom and me off at Target so we could sit in line (for 4 hours) to get the camera I had seen in the Black Friday ad. He then dropped the kids off with Roy and got his Mom and went to Walmart to get Preston's Christmas present. He said it was absolute chaos. Of course, what else would we expect from Walmart?? He picked my Mom and me up at 9:18 (Target opened at 9pm might I add) and we went home. Friday morning, Linda, my Mom, Emily, and I went to Charleen's in Halls, TN. We try to go every year and always have a great time. We noticed this time that the food and decorations were more expensive than years past. My Mom got me some pretty decorations to go in my garland and I got a little tree for our half bath. She also got a beautiful frame for the baby's room. It was an all day adventure, but it was fun to have time with just the girls. Jeff and Preston also had a great boys day. We got our Christmas tree that night, but were too tired to decorate it so we waited until Saturday night to decorate. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and look forward to an even more enjoyable Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment