Thursday, November 8, 2012

One of the Best Weeks

So, this week has been such a blessing in many ways. Monday,my sister found out that the spot they had to biopsy was not cancer. HUGE BLESSING!! Then Wednesday I had my routine Dr. appointment. It was great. We listened to the baby's heartbeat and then they gave me my glucola drink to take home and drink on the way to my appointment in December. After that appointment, I'll start going every 2 weeks. WOW. I just can't believe how quickly this is going by. Before I know it, we'll be bringing little one home with us. So, after my appointment, I drove over to the hospital to stay with Amanda while she was in labor waiting for Griffin to come. To my HUGE surprise, she said I could stay in the room and take pictures if I wanted to. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! If I wanted to?? Of course, I was honored and suddenly got a burst of energy as everything started happening really quickly. She progressed almost 4 cm in 1 hour and was ready to start pushing! Amanda pushed for 15 mins (I'm extremely jealous as this was her FIRST) and Griffin was born. He is absolutely beautiful and perfect. I went back to the hospital a couple times today and both Mom and baby are doing great. Tommie is deployed so he will not be able to hold Griffin until he comes home in March most likely. As I looked at Griffin, I just marveled at the fact that God is so great. To think that he had just been inside Amanda and now he's out for good just blows my mind. I also got overwhelmed with thankfulness for this baby inside me. I told Jeff that if I had not already been pregnant, I would have come home and asked if we could have a baby. At that point, he reminded me that it would have most likely been too late. Once again, God shows me that He knows our hearts even better than we do. My heart is at the point where I know time is going to come to a screeching halt because I CANNOT wait for baby C to get here! Anyway, I am thankful to God for all His blessings and for giving us exactly what we need even when we aren't expecting it. God is good... All the time.
I didn't get a picture of Emily "holding" him because I let her help me hold him so I didn't have a free hand to take a picture, but she was loving on him like crazy. I think we are going to have to buy another Boppy for the kids to use once baby C gets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment