Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Nursery

Well, the nursery is starting to come together. I have had the bedding for a little over a month now and I still love it. We got new bedding for the daybed, and bought a glider rocker. When I bought the bedding, I bought 3 yards of fabric to make curtain panels. I should have known better, but I didn't measure the window before I purchased. I got the fabric and immediately held it up to the window to make sure it was going to work. You guess it... it was too short. So, after talking to some friends and looking on Pinterest and changing my mind a million times, I finally decided that I was going to make a cute cornice board. Easy enough right? At least the people on pinterest made it look easy. After three trips to Lowes for wood, we finally got some we could work with. The first trip left us with sheets of styrofoam. That was a site! Try figuring out how to get that sucker drilled into the wall! The second trip left us with wood shelving that weighed a ton and wouldn't stick together. The third trip left us with 1/4" thick wood that I was determined to make work regardless. Well, we FINALLY finished it last night. Jeff and I almost divorced over it (we do NOT do projects well together), but it's up. I guess I was imagining that the room would look perfect once I got it up, but I stood back and felt that something was missing. First I thought it needed some panels and after talking to family and friends, we've determined that the walls need PAINT! UGH! I was hoping to avoid that catastrophe. AND to top it all off, that sucker is not coming off the wall for us to paint so we'll just have to paint around it I guess. So, Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday, Happy 10th anniversary to us. We're painting a nursery! Can you sense the sarcasm?!!! In all seriousness, I'm so thankful and feel extremely blessed to have our house and that the baby will have his/her own room. I'm just a bit overwhelmed with all the $$ that has gone into this little room. Here's a picture of the cornice board. It had to be that big because our blinds only go up to the bend of the window and the sun shines right through the open part and into the crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment