Monday, August 6, 2012

Open House and First Day

Thursday night, August 2nd, we had Meet the Teacher Night at the kids school. It didn't start until 6:30, but at 5:45, my impatient self couldn't take it anymore and we drove up to the school. Obviously I'm not the only impatient one because there were lots of other kids and parents there. They finally put the list of classes out so we jumped out of the car and walked (very quickly) up to the front. We are very blessed with a school full of wonderful teachers, but as a perk for teachers, Jeff gets to request who our kids have. You have to list your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice and there is still no guarantee as to who your kids will get. Preston got Mrs. Kim Wood. We have heard nothing but wonderful things about her and look forward to a wonderful year. Emily got Mrs. Lori Bowles. We have also heard wonderful things about her. We would have requested Mrs. Leslie (Preston's K teacher), but she also teaches pre-first and we weren't sure if she would be teaching that again. Mrs. Lori is very sweet and I know Emily is going to LOVE her. We took a few pics and then joined friends for a late dinner. Today was the first day of school. The kids were both very excited and couldn't wait to get to school. Preston had been very adamant about us not taking him to class. He told me "I've got this." While we were waiting for the doors to open, he turned to me and told me that I could take him to his class as long as I didn't take any pictures. :) My sweet boy! They both had GREAT days and were bouncing off the walls last night! I thought school was supposed to wear you out, but they seemed to have extra energy. They couldn't wait to go back today. I think this is going to be a fantastic year and can't wait to see all the growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment